Challenges for a Global Higher Education: digitalization, open Science and Bioethics.
Challenges for a Global Higher Education: digitalization, open Science and Bioethics. This is the title of the third edition of the international PIConference, which will be held online on October 29 and 30. The opening of the conference is scheduled for 3 p.m. (CET) on Friday 29 October.
(Link: Launch Meeting – Zoom)
After the welcome of the Governance of Pegaso International, the Rector Prof.ssa Luigia Melillo, the President of Multiversity Holding Dr. Danilo Iervolino and the Director Dr. Elio Pariota, will intervene for the institutional greetings:
- the President Emeritus of the Republic of Malta, H.E. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca
- the Ambassador of Italy in Malta, H.E. Fabrizio Romano
- the Maltese and Italian Presidents of the Evaluation Agencies for Universities and Research Institutes, Judge Noel Cuschieri and Prof. Antonio Uricchio
- the President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean (PAM), Dr. Gennaro Migliore
- the President of the Euro-Mediterranean University, Prof. Hamid El-Zoheiry
- the Secretary General of the UfM based in Barcelona, H.E. Nasser Kamel
- the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Malta, Hon. Evarist Bartolo
- the Italian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hon. Luigi di Maio
This will be followed by the scientific debate with eminent experts from all over the world in two panels that will address topics of stringent relevance:
- Open Science and Intellectual Property: the Challenges of Digital and Global Higher Education, panel that will involve scientific authorities from Italy, Tunisia, Malta, Egypt, Jordan, Thailand, Slovenia and Germany.
- On the occasion of the World Bioethics Day 2021, which celebrates this year the sixth principle of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Bioethics, a panel on Informed Consent and its Ethical Dimensions in Medicine and Research with the contribution of authoritative representatives from Morocco, Portugal, India, Italy, Malta, Georgia.
The Conference format also includes 7 concurrent sessions for the participation of PhD students and young researchers and workshops on publishing opportunities and research methodology.
Of particular remark will be the keynote speech by the CEO of MFHEA, Dr. Rose Anne Cuschieri.
The link to the site for registration, which for the welcome and the two main panels is free, is https://piconf.net/