The Compliance Unit within the MFHEA plays an important part in ensuring that licensed further and higher educational institutions adhere to the pertinent laws regulating further and higher education provision in/from Malta, amongst other: –
- The Further and Higher Education Act Chapter 607 of the Laws of Malta; and
- The Further and Higher Education (Licensing, Accreditation and Quality Assurance) Regulations S.L.607.03; and
- Communications issued by the MFHEA as regulatory mechanisms in the provision of further and higher education in/from Malta.
The Compliance Unit carries out its main responsibilities through the following day-to-day tasks, amongst other: –
- Licence checks wherein the Unit checks that the licensed educational provider is adhering to all the conditions of the licence issued by the MFHEA; and
- Media checks wherein the Unit checks that the educational provider is publishing, both digitally (including in social media) and physically, clear and accurate adverts and information about the institution and the educational programmes which it offers; and
- Spot-checks through which the Unit ensures that the educational provider is tangibly operating as per the licence, laws and regulations on further and higher education provision in/from Malta; and
- Investigations of non-compliance claims flagged by MFHEA officials or by the general public.
Should you wish to raise your concern about specific further and/or higher education matters, kindly contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. All correspondence will be treated with strict confidentiality.