Quality Assurance Projects and Events
‘Supporting European QA Agencies in meeting the ESG’ (SEQA-ESG) project was launched in June 2020. The main objective of the project is to support European QA agencies and national authorities in six countries (Albania, the Czech Republic, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, and Slovakia) to establish a quality assurance system in line with the European Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG), which is one of the Bologna Process key commitments.
More specifically, the project aims to achieve:
- legal frameworks in line with ESG compliance;
- alignment of the QA processes to the ESG peer-review method;
- connection of national criteria with the ESG;
- appropriate methods and criteria for the involvement of peer reviewers; and
- stakeholder involvement in external QA.
To reach the objectives, the following activities are foreseen in the project:
- Peer counselling in the six countries, gathering national authorities, the agency and key stakeholders. The key outcome of the activity is a national action plan for QA development (six in total).
- Peer support workshops on four key themes (QA methodology, QA criteria, review experts and stakeholders). The workshops target all QA agencies from the six partner countries (total of 25 people/workshop).
- Staff exchanges between agencies (six in total), with multiplier presentations upon return, and
- Creation of agency action plans for a review against the ESG (six in total).
ENQA is the coordinator of this project: https://www.enqa.eu/projects/supporting-european-qa-agencies-in-meeting-the-esg-seqa-esg/
For more information about the SEQA-ESG project please contact qa.mfhea@mt
Training for Peer Reviewers on FHE Provider EQA Audits
Online session on Monday 28th September 2020
- Introduction to the Quality Assurance in Higher Education by Dr Anca Prisacariu
The sessions will give participants a thorough understanding of terminology and conceptualisation, the history and evolution of quality assurance in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), as well as its impact on the National Quality Assurance Framework for Further and Higher Education (NQAF) in Malta.
- Contextualising the National Quality Assurance Framework (NQAF) by Ms Edel Cassar
The presentation will give a brief outline of the background (leading) to the NQAF and the importance of quality assurance audits and peer reviewers.
- The National Quality Assurance Framework for Further and Higher education (NQAF) and the 11 Standardsby Dr Anca Prisacariu
The presentation will give detailed information about the 11 Standards. It will list the Standards and focus on Standards 1 – 11, whereby licensed institutions by the NCFHE agree to undergo an External Quality Assurance Audit, which verifies that their Internal Quality Assurance mechanisms are in place and fit for purpose.
- Preparation for an EQA Audit visit as an EQA Panel Member by Ing. Pierre Dalmas
Preparing for the meeting with the Provider and the scoping visit; conducting interviews on the on-site audit visit; psychological preparation, roles of the different team members, attitude, rigour. Essential skills for the Chair of the Review panel.
- Assessing Quality Assurance in Diverse Contexts – sharing audit experiences by Dr Anca Prisacariu
Scope and focus of the External Quality Audit; dealing with subjectivity, triangulation, observation, etc.