Mission statement and objectives
The Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) was officially launched on the 8th January 2021 and is legislated by the revised Education Act which came into force on the 1st January 2021. Our tagline is ‘Quality Education for Confident Futures.’
Our mission statement is:
“to foster the development and achievement of excellence in further and higher education in Malta through research, effective licensing, accreditation, quality assurance, and recognition of qualifications established under the Malta Qualifications Framework.”
All non-compulsory formal, nonformal and informal learning serves to obtain a national qualification classified up to and including level 4 of the Malta Qualifications Framework, or a foreign qualification at a comparable level.
All non-compulsory formal, non-formal, and informal learning or research serves to obtain a national qualification classified at level 5 of the Malta Qualifications Framework or higher or a foreign qualification at a comparable level.
The MFHEA focuses on:
- providing accreditation to further and higher educational institutions;
- providing accreditation to programmes or courses of studies at further and higher education levels;
- quality assurance of both educational institutions and programmes or courses;
- recognition of obtained national or international qualifications as well as prospective qualifications;
- validation of informal and non-formal learning;
- research and policy recommendation on issues related to further and higher education.
The MFHEA is an independent, transparent, and international authority. We work to ensure the highest standards and to foster a competent community of empowered individuals, with the right skills to follow their dreams and make the future happen.