Call for Expression of Interest: Pool of Student Evaluators
Purpose of the Call
The Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) is seeking to develop a pool of student evaluators. This Call for Expression of Interest is intended to pre-identify students who can act as external evaluators during programme accreditation.
The details of the applicant will be kept for three years, unless otherwise requested by the applicant. The applicant is responsible to inform MFHEA if they no longer fall under the selection criteria during the three-year period.
Selection to act as an external evaluator would be based on the exigency and requirement/s. If the applicant is selected from the pool of student evaluators to act as an evaluator, they will be required to sign a declaration of interest for every programme application assigned.
The external evaluator is normally contracted on the basis that the individual is deemed to be knowledgeable in the subject area of the programme that is being evaluated. If chosen from the pool of student evaluators, the applicant will be expected to:
- Review applications for programme accreditation
- Verify whether the presented Learning Outcomes for the programme are, amongst other, clear, obtainable, measurable, and capable of being assessed.
- Confirm or otherwise whether the programme achieves the MQF Level proposed by the applicant.
- Come up with any recommendations on how the programme can be improved to achieve the MQF Level proposed by the applicant.
- Fill in an evaluation report, which will be provided by MFHEA.
- When necessary, give further feedback on the revised application. Kindly note that the evaluation process may take up to three cycles of feedback.
- Attend training sessions when requested by MFHEA.
- Work is expected to be carried out remotely.
- Students enrolled in programme of studies at EQF/MQF level 6, EQF/MQF Level 7 and EQF/MQF Level 8, in any subject area. This programme of study shall lead to a full qualification such as Bachelor’s degree, Master etc.
- Have excellent communication and writing skills in English.
Responses to this Expressions of Interest should include the following:
- Brief motivation letter, including relevant experience and any information about availability
- Europass Curriculum Vitae
Applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and are open indefinitely.
Evaluation service is done against payment. Remuneration is based on the number of ECTS and MQF Level of the programme. The minimum amount of remuneration is €50 (Inclusive of VAT). Remuneration will be specified within the contract for service. A VAT Receipt will be requested upon completion of every programme evaluation.
Any information provided in the documentation related to applicants is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Should you need further details or clarification please contact us immediately using the above email address.