Expression of Interest: Data Expert
The Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) is issuing this call for individuals interested to offer their service as a Data Expert on a contract for service basis.
Closing Date for applications: January 31st, 2022 at noon (CET).
Contact Email: email@example.com
- Purpose of the call
The Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) aims to “foster the development and achievement of excellence in further and higher education in Malta through research, effective licensing, accreditation, quality assurance, and recognition of qualifications established under the Malta Qualifications Framework.” – (Source: Chapter 327, Education Act)
The MFHEA which is EQAVET NRP will provide support to the implementation of the EQAVET Framework in Malta through the Erasmus-EQAVET Project. This Call for Expressions of Interest is intended to identify a data expert for this project. An agreement between MFHEA and the successful candidate will cover specific assignments, timeframes and deliverables.
The task of this expert is to identify the indicators and design the methodology, based on the EQAVET indicators, for a systematic study at a national level on the implementation of the EQAVET framework in Malta. The MFHEA through its research and policy unit will create and conduct surveys among VET providers to collect detailed information. The data will be analysed by the expert and the results will help to understand quality assurance in VET while assisting and supporting evidence-based development.
- Eligibility criteria
Applicants need to meet the following requirements:
– Possess a minimum EQF/MQF level 6 qualification in a field related to statistics, mathematics or similar (students finalizing their EQF/MQF level 6 qualification in 2022 will also be considered)
– Proficient in written English
– Proficient in the use of Excel
– Proven experience in quantitative research analysis methods
Preference will be given to applicants meeting the following selection criteria:
– Knowledgeable about Further and Higher Education polices in Malta and in the EU
– Experienced in the use of the SPSS software
– Available to start in March 2022 with at least 15 hours per week.
Responses to this Expressions of Interest should include the following:
- Brief cover letter, including relevant experience and any information about availability
- Europass Curriculum Vitae
- Scanned copies of certificates of qualification and transcript of records
Individuals replying to this Expression of Interest should send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 31st January 2022, indicating the reference “Expression of Interest: Data Expert” in the subject line.
- Data Protection
Any information provided in the documentation related to applicants is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information. The successful candidate will be required to sign a declaration of confidentiality.