Call for the provision of Project Support Services:
The Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) is issuing this call for those interested in offering Project Support Services on a contract for service basis.
Closing Date for application: 16th February 2022 (Extended)
Contract: 6 months renewable
Retainer €11.80 p/ hour (including VAT)
Workload: Minimum 20 hours per week
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purpose of the call
The Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) aims to
“to foster the development and achievement of excellence in further and higher education in Malta through research, effective licensing, accreditation, quality assurance, and recognition of qualifications established under the Malta Qualifications Framework.”
To further expand on this role, the MFHEA is seeking the services of an external individual, who could assist the authority in research projects. An agreement between MFHEA and the successful candidate will cover specific assignments, timeframes and deliverables.
The Research and Policy Unit within the MFHEA is responsible for the implementation of a number of projects. The selected candidate will support the unit in the implementation of the projects’ deliverables.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Supporting in procurement
- Keeping track of project finances
- Assisting the unit manager in implementing project deliverables
The selected candidate must ensure punctuality, continuity and availability according to the established provisions.
- Eligibility criteria
In the case of individual applicants, these need to meet the following requirements:
- Finalizing or in possession of a minimum EQF/MQF level 6 qualification
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in the use of Excel
- Proven experience in administrative work /project support
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
Preference will be given to applicants meeting the following selection criteria:
- Knowledgeable about Further and Higher Education polices in Malta and in the EU
- Experience in EU funded projects
- Working conditions
The successful candidate will be offered a renewable monthly retainer according to the range of services provided/agreed upon, based on a contract, within which specific services, assignments deliverables and deadlines will be agreed upon.
- The applicant needs to be able to work from the office
- The applicant needs to be available for a minimum of 20 hours a week for a period of 6 months.
- The renumeration linked to this service is EUR 11.80/hour including VAT.
- The start date is as soon as possible, ideally in February 2022.
Responses to this call should include the following:
- Brief covering letter, including relevant experience and any information about availability
- Europass Curriculum Vitae
- Scanned copies of certificates of qualification and transcript of records
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com by close of business on February 9th, 2022, indicating the reference “Application – Project Support Services” in the subject line.
Should you need further details or clarification please contact us immediately using the above email address.
- Data Protection
Any information provided in the documentation related to applicants is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
The successful candidate will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement with the Authority. The successful candidate is expected to treat data with strict confidentiality in line with GDPR.