Quality Assurance Committee
Article 4 (4) of the Subsidiary Legislation 607.03 states that the Authority shall establish a Quality Assurance Committee to carry out its licensing, accreditation, and quality assurance functions under these regulations. External QA processes of MFHEA are drafted and approved by the QAC.
Decisions taken by the Quality Assurance Committee require adoption by the Authority’s board for their validity and enforcement. Hence the QAC is the technical (expertise) arm of the Authority. The QAC is appointed for a period of three years.
The QAC’s role is to:
- Draft and approve external QA processes of the Authority.
- Approve program evaluators for program accreditation
- Approve peer reviewers for external quality assurance audits
- Approve peer reviewers for ad hoc EQA audits appeals committees
- Approve program evaluators for program accreditation appeals
- Discuss EQA audit reports and recommends its provider accreditation decision to the Board
- Provide feedback and expertise on other matters such as update of the Referencing Document, guidelines issued by the Authority on QA of teaching and learning and QA Guidelines on Work Based Learning Components
- Provide any feedback related to Further and Higher Education as requested by the Authority.